Maybe. Check the list below to see if your transfer between two ShareBuilder accounts can be completed online:
- Individual Account → Individual Account
- Individual Account → Joint Account
- Individual Account → Roth IRA Account (cash only)
- Individual Account → Traditional IRA Account (cash only)
- Individual Account → Education Savings Account (cash only)
- Roth IRA Account → Roth IRA Account
- Traditional IRA Account → Traditional IRA Account
- Joint Account → Joint Account (same account owners)
For all other transfer requests, you need to print, fill out, and mail or fax the Transfer Assets
form. Once received, your request will take 10 business days to be processed.
Tip: If you do a cash-only transfer, remember that Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, and Education Savings Accounts (ESAs) have contribution limits.
Can I consolidate my accounts?