Do you prefer paper or paperless?
Get your 1099 or 5498 online (the paperless option)
Some quick steps to get your tax forms online:
- Go to Accounts > Tax Center > 1099 Tax Forms (sign in required)
- Select your account
- Note: For IRA, Roth IRA, or ESA accounts, you'll have to select the desired tax form (for example, 1099-R, 1099-Q, 5498, or 5498-ESA)
- Select the tax year
- Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN/ITIN for security verification
- Click Search to see a PDF version of your requested tax form
Get it by U.S. Mail
If you've chosen U.S. Mail as your delivery preference for tax documents, we will mail your tax forms approximately 2 weeks after we post them online.
Want to change how you get your 1099 or 5498?
If you want to go paperless (or change to paper), here's how:
- Go to Accounts > Overview > Profile & Settings > Account Settings (sign in required)
- In the 'Document Delivery' section, click the Edit link for 'Tax Statement Document Delivery'
- Change your preference and click Save
Tip: This must be done by December 31 of each tax year to receive your tax form by mail in the following year.
Regardless of your delivery preference, we'll email you as soon as your tax form is posted online. Although this is very unlikely – we're required to tell you that we may stop providing tax documents online. If we do, we'll let you know ahead of time.
When can I expect my 1099 or 5498 tax form to be delivered?