If your Social Security number is wrong, we can get that fixed; we just need a few things from you. Please fax or mail the following for each person on the account:
- An IRS W-9 form available here, with your ShareBuilder account number(s) listed on the form.
- A copy of your driver's license or other state-issued ID or U.S. Passport (for minors, we need a copy of their birth certificate).
- A copy of your Social Security card or other documentation issued by the IRS or Social Security Administration that shows the correct Social Security number or Tax ID number. Note: Tax returns and W-2s aren’t considered IRS documentation.
Fax or mail the documents to us:
1-866-996-6417 (toll-free) or 206-805-0791
Capital One Investing, LLC
PO Box 4249
Seattle, WA 98194-0249
Fax Tips: To ensure that your document will be legible after faxing, please consider the following suggestions:
- If you are faxing a document with a colored background, try making a lighter copy first and then send it.
- If your document has very faint print, darken a copy before faxing.
- If the document has very small print, try making an enlarged copy before faxing.
- Use blue or black ink – red and green ink do not fax well. If the original document includes red or green ink, fax a