An electronic funds deposit (EFD) is a cost-free and convenient way to pull funds from your checking or savings account. You can set up an EFD on a one-time or recurring basis.
Check out these instructions to get started:
- Go to www.sharebuilder.com (our favorite site)
- Go to Accounts > Transfer Money > Deposit & Withdrawal
The next step is the fun part if you ask me:
- Select the Deposit Money button; here, we'll ask for the date and how much money you'd like to add to your ShareBuilder account (must be a business day—no weekends or holidays, pretty please)
- Choose the deposit frequency, then click Next
- Review the transfer details, then click Submit
- Mission Accomplished
Tip: We could bore you with legal jargon, but we aren't that cruel. Instead we just wanted to let you know the funds request deadline is 5 PM ET for funds to be available on the next business day. Any changes you make to your checking or savings account information before that deadline on the day of a requested electronic funds deposit do affect the deposit you requested. You'll want to wait to make any changes until after 5 PM ET.